McKesson maintains memberships and/or actively supports:
- DoD Western Region Council for Small Business Education and Advocacy (DoDWRC)
- National Disabled Veteran Business Alliance (DVBA)
- National Veterans Small Business Coalition (NVSBC)
We are a supplier for the DoVA
We are the largest vendor for the Department of Veterans Affairs (DoVA) and the sole supplier for the Department of Defense's TriCare Mail Order Pharmacy program.
We choose veteran-owned business suppliers
Veteran-owned businesses represent some of our most trusted suppliers and partners. Currently, McKesson has more than 287 veteran-owned business suppliers. McKesson encourages veteran-owned businesses to reach out to us and learn more about McKesson supplier opportunities. If you are interested in doing business with us, please complete our online supplier certification form.
We support veteran's business organizations
McKesson representatives participate in various events including procurement fairs, seminars, and workshops for veteran business organizations such as The United States Association of Veterans in Business (NaVOBA), the National Veteran-Owned Business Association (USAVETBIZ), and the Disabled Veterans Business / The California Alliance (DVBE).
We provide career opportunities for veterans
Veterans are members of the McKesson family-you will find veterans in every part of our business, from our Distribution Centers to our executive management team.
We depend on former submariners, infantry, flight-line crew members, nurses, logisticians and many other military specialties.
If you are interested in open positions at McKesson, please visit our veteran career opportunities page.
We provide professional development and networking for our veteran employees
McKesson has a nationwide employee resource group dedicated to veterans. This McKesson Military Resource Group (MMRG) provides networking and mentoring support to McKesson's employee veterans across the company. MMRG also provides key input to McKesson business leaders on issues that are top of mind for veterans.
We support the veteran and active duty military communities
McKesson sponsors and participates in various events for the veteran community.
2015 veteran community events:
- Feb − Business Matchmaking
- Mar − DoD Western Region Council Quarterly Meeting
- May − CADVBE Keeping the Promise
- Jun − Veteran Entrepreneur Symposium (VETS15)
- Aug – Annual Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB) National Conference
- Nov − DoVA National Veteran Small Business Engagement
- Dec − DoD Western Region Council Year-end Wrap-up