The 2014 CAHP Conference title “Charting the Path to a Healthier California” extends the metaphor of passing from a familiar environment to a new landscape of coverage and challenges. Millions of Californians for the first time have insurance cards that assure them good medical care. But containing health care costs is far more difficult that providing coverage. State regulations, legislative mandates, federal guidance zig-zags, lawsuits, initiatives, and complex Medi-Cal rate setting all complicate the ability of health plans to efficiently deliver affordable, high quality care.
Audience participation sessions with the chiefs of the nation’s two biggest public programs of their kind:
- Peter Lee, Executive Director of Covered California
- Toby Douglas, Director of Department of Health Care Services
Open discussion with new Director of Department of Managed Health Care and her management team.
The federal, state and system perspectives on where health care is heading post-ACA.
Breakout sessions on vexing issues of the day:
- The complexity of mental health care in the commercial and Medi-Cal spheres.
- Defining palliative care and what health plans should provide.
- Data collection in a delegated system as means to drive quality and reduce costs. Legal discussion with top California attorneys on what the courts are doing to and for health plans.
- Small group market and the factors that matter more than the exchange.
To close out, the best breakdown of what happened in health care in the Legislature and why — Year End Review and Implementation Preview
Who should attend:Key decision makers in the managed health care industry
Member - Full Program ($725.00)
Member - Wednesday Program Only ($475.00)
Non Member - Wednesday Program Only ($575.00)
Non Member Full Program ($925.00)
State Employee ($475.00)
Please note, early-bird rates end Friday, September 26, 2014. After that date, all rates increase by $200.
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
21500 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA