Many payers are leading the change with payment models that build in incentives for high quality, cost effective care. As an example, one health plan announced last year that they expect to more than double accountable care contracts to $50 Billion by 2017. While the transformation to value based reimbursement is taking place, a number of physicians and hospitals are exploring different network models. From a health plan’s perspective, selecting the best partners can be risky. Without the right network and management infrastructure, cost and quality outcomes often suffer.
This educational event is designed to simplify the complex configuration of accountable care networks into a proven construct of four essential pillars. By acquiring proficiency in each of these four dimensions, payers that sponsor health benefit plans or are considering shared accountability contracts will be able to quickly assess the strengths and potential risks inherent in different network models. During the session, you will also be introduced to an innovative ACO model. Learning from past mistakes and best practices, the speaker will guide you through an interactive diagram illustrating how the people, process and technologies can be structured to deliver a fully integrated clinical network of physicians working together to control costs and provide better quality outcomes for patients.
What You Will Learn
- Four critical building blocks to support a successful value based payment program
- How to engage physicians in the move from volume to value based care
- Pragmatic tools to help networks become proficient at driving transformation
- Next generation of ACO Model: Physician centric, primary care driven
- How to gain compliance and earn trust with cost and quality reporting.
Who should attend:
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Operations professionals
- Health plan directors
- Others in related field who seek more knowledge of accountable care organizations