McKesson Pharmacy Systems (MPS), founded in 1970 as 3PM Inc., is a leading supplier of pharmacy management systems. As a key business unit of McKesson Corporation, MPS offers interoperable solutions that support other McKesson programs and products.
Through the recent acquisition of Per-Se Technologies, McKesson continues to demonstrate its commitment to customer success by providing the most advanced products and services.
- 3PM founded in Southfield, MI. The company specialized in hard copy claims processing. The name was derived from 3rd Party Marketing.
- Online processing of third-party claims replaces hard copy claims reconciliation.
- 3PM moves to current location in Livonia, MI (suburban Detroit).
- National Data Corporation (NDC) enters the pharmacy systems business through acquisition of the DataStat product.
- DataStat time sharing pharmacy management system introduced across the country.
- DataStat reintroduced on the micro PC platform as a distributed management system.
- Pharmaserv debuts, as a pharmacy management system on a Digital Micro/PDP11 operating system.
- 3PM is acquired by McKesson Corp.
- NDC introduces the first true multi-user/multi-tasking PC-based pharmacy system specially designed for nursing homes.
- Pharmaserv moves to the TSX operating system.
- Pharmaserv II debuts on the MS-DOS operating system on an IBM platform.
- Pharmaserv II software introduces Claims Adjunction Module to handle eletronic third-party claims.
- Point-of-Sale system introduced to integrate pharmacy front end.
- DataStat Home Office (chain functionality) introduced.
- DataStat Point-of-Sale system introduced to integrate pharmacy front end.
- Pharmaserv introduces a Xenix®-based pharmacy management system.
- Chain Host system released on DOS operating system for chain pharmacy management.
- Pharmaserv offers first rental system to customers.
- First public standards-based EDI ordering and price update system - AIM - introduced
- NDC acquires Zadall Pharmacy System.
- Company name changed from 3PM McKesson to McKesson Pharmacy Systems.
- Point-of-Sale system released on Microsoft® Windows® operating system to integrate front end and pharmacy.
- Advanced Information Management (AIM) module for EDI ordering and price updates, eventually certified with more than 30 wholesalers, introduced to users of NDC Pharmacy System.
- Pharmaserv for Windows® debuts as one of the first pharmacy management systems to use Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
- NDC introduces NDC Pharmacy System as a major advancement for both Zadall APS and DataStat clients.
- Total Point-of-Sale product released. Integration of high-performance UNIX-based server with DOS-based cash registers.
- Industry's first high-speed Internet claim service introduced to DataStat and NDC pharmacy clients.
- Chain Host system released on Microsoft® Windows® operating system for chain pharmacy management.
- NDCHealth, now Relay Health, invents and deploys industry's first pre and post editing claim service.
- Condor, DataStat and NDC pharmacy products become part of TechRx Inc.
- T-Rex One v1 introduced as first Internet-deployed ASP pharmacy management system.
- High-speed claims processing debuts for third-party claims processing introduced.
- T-Rex One v2 introduced as first truly robust network-centric ASP-based pharmacy system.
- Renlar becomes part of TechRx.
- Long-term Care debuts for pharmacies serving long-term care facilities.
- e-Prescribing released to enable electronic two-way communications with physicians.
- TechRx acquired by NDCHealth.
- T-Rex One product renamed PharmacyRx.
- PharmacyRx celebrates milestone of 500 installed clients.
- Per-Se Technologies acquires NDCHealth Corporation.
- EnterpriseRx, the next-generation chain solution, is launched.
- McKesson acquires Per-Se Technologies and integrates their pharmacy systems business, including PharmacyRx and EnterpriseRx.
- Next generation workflow system, Pharmacy Navigator, debuts at McKesson Trade Show.
- EnterpriseRx version for Independent Pharmacy introduced at McKesson Trade show; and in August surpasses 500 active pharmacy clients milestone.