Effective Date: September 28, 2016
At McKesson Corporation (“McKesson”, “we”, or “company”), we value the trust that our customers, patients, business partners, and employees place in us to appropriately use and protect information shared with us. This Privacy Notice describes how McKesson collects and uses personal information about you when you visit our website as well as your choices about how personal information will be used. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices contained in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
The McKesson Privacy Notice applies only to www.mckesson.com and is limited to the jobs.mckesson.com, careers.mckesson.com, investor.mckesson.com and ventures.mckesson.com subdomains. McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have their own subdomains and websites that may not be subject to this Privacy Notice. McKesson business partners, ad networks, and other third parties have their own websites and privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we collect the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a contact form or an online job application.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties and combine it with information we already have about you.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our website. These technologies include the following:
- Web logging
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Our website does not respond to web browser “Do No Track” signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Improve the content on our website
- Provide personalized website content based on your preferences
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests and applications and/or send important notices
- Market products and services
- Conduct surveys and research
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- Further develop our products and services to improve our business
How We Share Personal Information Collected
We will share personal information about visitors to our website with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. McKesson does not sell such personal information to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Some of our pages use framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to McKesson.
- Our website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any personal information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com.
We may also disclose personal information about visitors to our website:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- If McKesson is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding personal information about you
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how personal information about you that we collect on our website will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process or using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice. You may change your choice and request we delete your personal information at any time by contacting your account representative or our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal Information
Some McKesson products and services allow you to directly view, edit or delete information about you online. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting your account representative or our Privacy Office at email@example.com or the address listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services and technology to the health care industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security HIPAA requirements. Under HIPAA, each covered entity (health care provider, health plan or health care clearinghouse) is required to provide or make available to you a Notice of Privacy Practices (NoPP), depending on your interaction with the covered entity. To the extent a McKesson affiliate and subsidiary is a covered entity, a NoPP will be provided to you or made available to you. The NoPP is not related to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on the website's servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below.
Seals, Buttons and Content from Other Companies
Our website may include seals, buttons and content links to other companies (for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from www.mckesson.com to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit.
McKesson adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and publicly certifies that it complies with the Privacy Shield Principles. We are committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Economic Area (EEA), in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, or to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov].
McKesson is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EEA, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, McKesson is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or information use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website [https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint], you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new website features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected.
If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes through a prominent notice on our website or notify you directly. Regardless of our efforts, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice each time you visit the website.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com or call the Integrity Line at 877-McK-4McK (625-4625) 24/7.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Privacy Office – General Counsel Organization
2 National Data Plaza (3rd Floor)
Atlanta, GA, USA 30329