In an increasingly complex healthcare environment, McKesson Practice Choice® can help you keep things simple. This web-based electronic health record (EHR) and practice management system (PM) is designed with the independent practitioner in mind and features a graphical and intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate to the different work areas: clinical, scheduling and accounting. Because it’s Internet-based, there’s no need to worry about backing up databases or downloading software, which helps free you up to focus on your patents’ care.
- SmartNote technology seamlessly integrates information in the patient chart and the progress note.
- Health alert notifications help you manage patients’ preventative care, such as screenings and vaccinations.
- Patient portal provides patients with secure access to their personal health information.
Scheduling and Accounting
- Drag and drop scheduling helps keep appointments on track.
- Patient eligibility can be checked both in real time and in batch.
- Schedules can be color-coded by clinician or room, helping to improve front-desk efficiency.
Connectivity and Security
- Electronic prescription ordering helps ensure patient safety while streamlining the process.
- Updates and fixes take place automatically, so there’s no wait for new software to install.
- Transmitted data is secured with firewalls and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, and stored data is encrypted with AES-256 bit encryption.