Whatever your role at McKesson, if you work at least 30 hours a week you're eligible for our benefits plan. The plan lets you pay, with pretax dollars, for the benefits that best suit your needs. You can choose to cover spouses, domestic partners, children or your entire family.
The benefits plan includes:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Additional Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
We offer several medical plan options depending on your location. Preventive medical and prescription drug coverage are included in all plans.
- "Build Your Own" Point-of-Service: choose your deductible, co-insurance and co-pay amount to build a plan that meets your needs
- A Definity Consumer Driven Healthcare
- Local HMOs
You have two dental options:
- The Dental PPO covers 80% for basic and 50% for major restorative services up to a maximum of $1,500 per year. It also provides orthodontia coverage at 50% up to a lifetime maximum of $1,000 for children under 18.
- The Dental DHMO covers 100% of preventive care with no calendar-year maximum. Other services require a copayment depending on the service provided. The DHMO also provides orthodontia coverage for adults and children with no calendar-year maximum (copayments apply).
Employees who elect coverage are eligible for eye exams each year, glasses or contact lenses each year, and frames every two years.
Basic and Supplemental Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
We provide a basic life and AD&D benefit of $50,000. You also have the option of electing additional life and AD&D up to $1 million.
We give you the option to purchase group life insurance for spouses, domestic partners or children.
Flexible Spending Accounts-Healthcare and Dependent Care
These options let you pay for certain healthcare or dependent care expenses with tax-free dollars.
We provide both short- and long-term disability benefits for eligible employees disabled from accident or illness. After a seven-day waiting period, short-term disability insurance provides 100% of the employee's monthly base pay for four weeks, then 70% for up to 21 weeks of disability.
The employee can also elect long-term disability insurance. If an employee is disabled for more than 26 weeks, this benefit pays 60% of their base pay, with a maximum monthly benefit of $15,000.