Health and Wellness
McKesson is committed to providing a competitive, effective, and comprehensive benefits program with the flexibility to fit your needs. These programs include easy access to online tools and resources that encourage education and understanding of health risks, incentive-based wellness programs, and overall health management.
Regular full-time and part-time employees working 30 hours or more each week are eligible for McKesson’s benefit plans. Employees eligible for benefits through a union-sponsored program are not eligible for these plans.
The following benefits are offered to eligible employees:
- Medical & Prescription: Our primary medical plan — the Consumer-Driven Health Plan — is available in all states except Hawaii. Health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and exclusive provider organizations (EPOs) are available in limited locations.
- Dental: Two dental plans — CIGNA Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO and PPO Plus) and CIGNA Dental HMO — are available.
- Vision: Vision coverage provides benefits for routine eye exams and for glasses or contact lenses. There are two plan options to choose from, VSP and VSP Plus.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care): Flexible spending accounts allow employees to pay eligible healthcare and dependent day care expenses with before-tax dollars.
- Disability (Short Term and Long Term): Short term disability benefits are provided at no cost to employees and begin on the eighth day of disability and can continue for up to 26 weeks as long as disability continues. Employees may choose to enroll for long term disability coverage.
- Life and Accident Insurance: Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) benefits of $50,000 each are provided at no cost to employees. Employees may choose to purchase additional life and AD&D insurance for themselves and their eligible dependents.
- Employee Assistance Program: EAP benefits are provided at no cost to employees and their eligible dependents. Get access to a wide range of confidential and professional services such as counseling, financial and legal advice, childcare referrals, eldercare services, and balancing work and life issues.
Our Employees — Our Future
McKesson believes that superior performance – individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions that promote better health for all should be recognized and rewarded. We believe our competitive compensation program helps to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, gives employees the opportunity to share in ownership of the company, and remains flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population. And, our comprehensive benefits offerings provide employees with the resources and tools they need to thrive both in their jobs and their everyday lives.
We know that better health starts with our employees. Our employees have access to a wellness program, Vitality and many other great resources like Weight Watchers and Quit for Life. These programs include easy access to online tools that encourage education and understanding of health risks, incentive-based wellness programs, and overall health management. Vitality rewards employees and their families for continual and ongoing efforts toward sustained behavioral changes. As employees and their families participate in healthy activities, such as walking 10,000 steps per day or getting preventive health screenings, they enjoy the benefits of healthier living and earn Vitality Points, which can be redeemed for rewards. Our employees have the opportunity to participate in the following health and wellness activities:
- A biometric screening
- An online health risk assessment
- A pedometer linked to the on-line Vitality website
- Subsidized gym membership fees
- Weight Watchers membership
- “Quit for Life” membership
- 100% coverage for preventative care
- Easy access to online tools and resources
In recognition of our robust You. Even better. program, McKesson was recently received Platinum certification in the 2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® award presented by the National Business Group on Health.
McKesson employees are fully engaged in our own health, from our CEO and executive committee to the operations teams to individual employees.
Each year, we survey employees to get their input on the factors that are important to them. For the third year in a row, employee feedback has helped us achieve recognition as one of Towers Watson’s “Global High Performance” companies – a select group of organizations that combine outstanding survey results with industry-leading financial performance.