Streamline the Release of Information Process with Document Imaging Software
The document imaging software module, Horizon Patient Folder™ Release of Information, provides organizations with the ability to significantly streamline the release of information process, making it easier for organizations to bring this process in-house and manage with current staffing levels.
Managing the release of information process in-house helps enable healthcare organizations to gain savings that can amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars for smaller hospitals and millions of dollars for larger healthcare organizations.
Horizon Patient Folder Release of Information is a module of McKesson’s Horizon Patient Folder document imaging system, which provides a single location for managing the full legal health record. Information from the clinical, lab, and other systems across the organization as well as any documents previously existing in a paper-based format are all maintained within Horizon Patient Folder. Managing release of information directly from this document imaging software module enables organizations to easily locate and release the requested information from one system, significantly streamlining the process.
The Horizon Patient Folder Release of Information document imaging software module enables organization to realize the following benefits:
- Generate savings for the organization by bringing the release of information process in house
- Improve efficiencies by managing the full process from a single location
- Eliminate many of the manual steps involved in release of information request processing through automated workflow
- Enable quick turnaround for processing requests
- Manage accounting of disclosures reporting for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations from a central location
- Enable compliance for providers to meet the requirements for ARRA Privacy and Security Measures and HHS Certification
All releases of information are tracked within a single system enabling the ability to track the accounting of disclosures for reporting purposes. This includes accounting of disclosures for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations.
Releasing information is simple and efficient as information is easily located and exported directly from the Horizon Patient Folder document imaging software module via print, fax, or output to PDF. Through this function, the patient medical record can be provided electronically as required for HHS Certification for economic stimulus funds.
Insurance companies often request information for multiple patients within one request, which increases the burden on the healthcare provider to log, manage, bill for, and track multiple requests. With Horizon Patient Folder Release of Information, users can log a single request for information from multiple patients, enabling users to significantly reduce the amount of time required to log and bill for the releases.
The Horizon Patient Folder Release of Information document imaging software module provides functionality for electronically managing the full release of information process with these advanced features:
- Log a single request for information for multiple patients, enabling users to significantly reduce the amount of time required to log and bill for the releases
- Manage and process requests for patients and information contained in any system across the enterprise
- Auto-populate letters and invoices with key information and add to the content for release
- Access multiple billing tiers
- Allow for calculation of fees, shipping, and pre- and post- adjustments to enable complete and accurate billing
- Release information via print, fax, or output to file
- Track and audit all release of information requests, releases, payments and more through the reporting tool