McKesson Pharmacy Optimization®
Health System pharmacies are often challenged to balance competing demands to increase productivity while managing costs and meeting regulatory requirements to provide safe, high-quality care.
McKesson Pharmacy Optimization® understands and offers evidence-based solutions for the challenging financial, operational and patient safety issues facing hospitals, long term care and outpatient areas of practice.
McKesson's team of experienced pharmacy professionals leverage customized evaluations, strategies and valuable pharmacy practice tools to identify untapped sources of revenue, obtain meaningful cost reductions, enhance medication safety and increase efficiencies throughout the supply chain.
With ever evolving regulatory changes and healthcare reform, McKesson Pharmacy Optimization consultants can ensure that health system pharmacies are best prepared to benefit from opportunities, such as ARRA incentives with meaningful use or to maximize savings with 340B.
Customers using the full suite of Pharmacy Optimization solutions have found opportunities for significant drug spend savings and increased revenue.
McKesson Pharmacy Optimization® Consulting
Composed of seasoned pharmacy directors, health system executives, clinicians, medication-safety specialists and experts in financial management, our consulting team brings an informed, objective view to the issues you face every day.
Meet McKesson Pharmacy Optimization® Consultants
Multiple optimization strategies
Our consultants have helped leading hospitals to:
- Identify areas for expense reductions and save drug utilization costs
- Gain operational efficiencies throughout the supply chain
- Find untapped revenue sources using pharmacy specific data and a proprietary diagnostic financial tool.
- Identify and guide strategies to maximize 340B program benefits
- Streamline the required work for setting up barcode medication administration programs
- Satisfy regulatory requirements and accreditation standards and achieve medication safety goals
- Bridge expertise gaps in pharmacy staff
Pharmacy practice tools and services that deliver results
Our team of pharmacy experts has developed high-impact tools and services that deliver results you need.
- Drug Spend Trend Report. Online analytical tool designed to identify trends in drug spend variation, evaluate the impact of clinical programs and uncover new savings opportunities.
- McKesson Pharmacy CentralSM. Online repository of peer-reviewed templates, tools and pharmacy best practices to ensure cost-appropriate, safe and effective drug use.
- MedSource Medication Assistance Program. Service that secures free products by utilizing manufacturer patient assistance programs to help replace drugs used for uninsured patients. Dedicated MedSource managers support our customers' efforts to increase enrollment and manage complex program requirements.
*This case study is for informational purposes only. The results of this case study depend on a variety of factors that are unique to Vanderbilt University Hospital. There is no guarantee that your results will be similar to this case study. Each party's results will depend on the factors of its business. The success in this case study cannot be used as an indication of future success with these programs.