McKesson Capacity Benchmark Collaborative:
Patient Throughput Benchmarking
How Do Your Numbers Stack Up?
McKesson Capacity Benchmark Collaborative is a subscription service that provides benchmarks for capacity and patient throughput. It is comprised of:
The OR Benchmarks Collaborative is the first offering within the McKesson Performance Benchmarks™ suite of measurement and benchmarking solutions.
OR Benchmarks Collaborative offers OR directors and healthcare executives a web-based hospital department dashboard that provides monthly trended outcomes on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as patient throughput. It allows your hospital to efficiently monitor, assess, and improve OR performance. Your KPIs will be benchmarked against other facilities nationwide and national standards for OR performance will be established as data is collected. The service aggregates data from more than 2.5 million surgical cases across 350 participating North American hospitals.
Standard definitions for the following KPIs have been developed:
- Prime-time utilization
- Start-time accuracy for the first case of the day
- Start-time accuracy for subsequent cases
- Estimated case-duration accuracy
- Add-on rate day of surgery
Industry experts at McKesson and subscriber organizations have worked together to determine ORBC benchmarks. Subscribers upload their case data via a straightforward data extract from their existing surgery systems. ORBC standardizes the case data and performs all calculations in the same way for all cases from all subscribers. The result is standardized metrics that ensure "apples-to-apples" comparisons.
Subscribers view the benchmarks and analyze their metrics over the Internet in a safe and secure manner. There is no hardware or software to buy.
Benefits of ORBC Patient Throughput and Capacity Benchmarking
- Helps optimize overall financial, operational, and clinical performance
- Provides actionable insight into the greatest areas of opportunity via the hospital department dashboard
- Empowers OR directors to have meaningful, fact-based interactions with senior management, caregivers, and OR staff regarding performance management and improvement opportunities
- Opens up networking opportunities to share best practices with more than 350 subscriber organizations
- Minimizes the cost of collecting and analyzing patient throughput and capacity metrics
- Offers an easy-to-use and fast-to-implement solution at great value
- Contact us to learn more about subscribing to the ORBC and EDBC.
Next: Read the McKesson Healthcare Analytics Blog