McKesson Specialty Care Solutions' managed distribution infrastructure, proven processes, and ability to connect different customers with one another come together to support customers' unique needs. This strategic approach combines supply chain and technological excellence to ensure that our customers' products reach the right person at the right place and the right time.
Our state-of-the-art specialty distribution centers provide experienced, accurate services to all distribution channels, from single-provider offices to infusion clinics to major medical centers. We also lead the industry in developing product inventory and tracking software that provides accurate, real-time information on product movement.
- Comprehensive Inventory Management tools, practices and systems audited by numerous customers and are consistently regarded as best-in-class
- Strategically Located Distribution Centers in La Vergne, TN, Sacramento, CA and Memphis TN environmentally-controlled to conform to Prescription Drug Marketing Act (PDMA) requirements for pharmaceutical product storage and can also accommodate all temperature-controlled products
- High Product Integrity Standards as a leader in developing and implementing cutting-edge technology. McKesson was the first wholesaler to fully automate warehouses and distribution networks with scanning technology
- Reliable Ordering Process through a customized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system utilizing pick label with RF (radio frequency) bar coding to ensure accurate product picking and tracking throughout the operation
- Appropriate Packaging of a full range of products that require special handling, including temperature-sensitive products
- Extensive Reach as a licensed wholesale distributor in every US state that requires licensure, as well as Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Canadian commercial markets are accessed through McKesson Canada
- Fast Shipping with FedEx® and UPS™ to provide standard overnight and priority delivery. Virtually 100 percent of all orders received by the cut-off time of 7:00 p.m. CST are delivered the next business day.
- Long-standing Industry Expertise since 1833 when McKesson Corporation invented the first national drug distribution system. Today, McKesson Specialty Care Solutions is the number one distributor of rheumatology products, the number two distributor of oncology products, and the second-largest specialty drug distributor in the nation. Such distinction is only achieved by consistently providing best-in-class, strategic distribution solutions for specialty drugs and oncologics.
- Rigorous Quality Standards Management governing the entire distribution process to strengthen supply chain performance. Specialty distribution operations also adhere to PDMA guidelines and are audited internally for compliance and by relevant state Pharmacy Boards. Because of these standards, order accuracy metrics consistently average 99.9 percent.
- Cold Chain Management through sophisticated environmental controls and temperature monitoring systems. Refrigeration experts ensure the proper selection and validation of shipping containers that comply with manufacturers' product specifications. More than 4,000 refrigerated shipments are processed each week to over 50,000 healthcare facilities and physician practices of all sizes.