With the implementation of health reform and dramatic shifts in the healthcare landscape, payers are under intense pressure to maximize performance measures, clinical outcomes, and cost savings. The McKesson VITAL Nurse Advice Line helps address the challenges faced by payers by delivering a full spectrum of solutions:
- Nurse triage
- Decision support
- Advisory services
- Advocacy programs
- Engagement campaigns
- Third-party validated ROIs of 2:1 and higher1
- NCQA certified and
- 94% of callers say they are satisfied or highly satisfied with the VITAL Nurse Advice Line service2
- Staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, by Registered Nurses licensed in the caller’s state
- RNs average 13 years of clinical experience
- Provides symptomatic callers with immediate telephonic access to RNs, who assess the caller’s condition and direct the caller to the right level of care at the right time
- 82% ED redirection rate,1 which means greater cost savings for payers by avoiding the expense of unnecessary ED visits
- Patented algorithmic clinical assessment model has been shown to closely match physician recommendations3
- RN counseling for members diagnosed with a new condition or facing major health issues
- In-depth health information, one-on-one consultation using evidence-based clinical content, and shared decision making support
- Helps members interpret health information and navigate the healthcare system
- Member access to an audio health library with information on over 1,000 health-related topics and an online symptom advisor that provides point-of-care recommendation
- Outbound multi-channel campaigns to help close gaps in care, reduce readmissions, support maternity programs, and encourage vaccinations
- Supports improvement in HEDIS and Medicare Stars metrics
- Inbound and outbound telephonic member engagement campaigns
- Welcome new members, provide custom assessments and surveys, facilitate timely referrals to care management programs
McKesson Care Management Member Redirection and Outcomes Report, 2014.
McKesson Care Management Nurse Advice Caller Satisfaction Survey Results, 2014.
3Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, July 2003; 157(7).
Learn more about McKesson VITAL Care Management
Clinical questions are not answered via this web site or phone number. Please contact your physician or health plan.