Improving Outcomes for Members, Reducing Cost for Health Plans
In business for nearly two centuries, McKesson brings the stability and resources required to deliver an effective program with long-term impact. Ranked 14th on the FORTUNE 500 list, McKesson was founded in 1833 on the principle of bringing quality health care goods and services to frontier communities in the American West. Today, we continue this vision by helping health plans and payers navigate a demanding, constantly-changing industry by offering a comprehensive suite of flexible, interoperable care management solutions.
Succeeding in health care today requires solutions that integrate seamlessly, evolve with changes in the industry and pinpoint areas for cost and quality improvement. Our McKesson VITAL Care Management suite does just that.
VITAL stands for Versatile Interoperable Technology Advancing Lives™, and it's our promise to execute high performing care management programs that deliver better outcomes for patients, while reducing cost for payers.
Our McKesson VITAL Care Management model offers a complete suite of adaptable solutions that allows you to use only what you need now, and easily add features later to meet your evolving needs.
Our VITAL Platform includes utilization, disease, and case management workflow software that interoperates with InterQual® clinical content and decision support tools for point-of-care authorization, notifications, and medical reviews. Our disease and case management offerings are available as software for you to manage yourself, and as services if you choose to have McKesson manage the program for you.
The VITAL Platform interoperates with our member and provider engagement strategies, wellness and nurse advice offerings, and business insight tools. Our Platform, tools and services work seamlessly together as well as with your existing products.
Learn more about McKesson VITAL Care Management.
- VITAL Platform: Our Platform consists of workflow software, evidence-based clinical guidelines and decision support tools to improve care coordination, communication and decision making.
- Engagement Strategies: Get providers and consumers more involved in health care through these valuable tools.
- Nurse Advice: 24/7 access to highly trained nurses by phone, chat or email/secure messaging helps reduce unnecessary ED visits and ensure proper redirection of care.
- Business Insight: Business intelligence tools that allow you to analyze program data. Specialists to help you make sense of it all.
- Wellness Programs: Our wellness offerings will help keep your healthy members well with a focus on prevention.
- Proven Track Record of Solid Program Results: Allow us to help you improve members' health while achieving savings, as we've done for other health plans.
To learn more about McKesson Care Management solutions or any McKesson Health Solutions products and services, email us at MHS@McKesson.com, call 800-782-1334 or contact your Sales Representative.