Determine the Best Choice
of Test for the Right Cost at the Point of Care
McKesson's advanced diagnostics solutions help health plans manage molecular diagnostics (MDx) by giving physicians and clinical labs intelligent, automated decision support tools at the point of decision that enable transparent, immediate access to
coverage, network and utilization rules. The result: better control of MDx medical spending.
Our solutions offer a comprehensive step-by-step approach to drive effective use of MDx by helping you:
- Determine the best choice of test using evidence-based clinical content
- Measure volumes and cost through retrospective analysis and benchmarking, with ongoing data collection
- Define and codify relevant medical, benefit, network and payment policy
- Manage costs by influencing behavior at the point of care
Our underlying IT platform is hosted and web services based, dramatically reducing implementation, operating and maintenance costs and shortening time to value.
Our approach combines:
- Clear Coverage™, a clinical and financial decision support software-as-a-service solution that helps reduce costs and provider hassles by automating authorization, coverage determination and network compliance processes, including providing evidence-based support for
medical necessity decisions
- InterQual® Molecular Diagnostics Criteria, which provide evidence-based clinical decision support for molecular and genetic tests. You now have a tool for making effective utilization decisions at the point of care or in the preauthorization process, backed by the most current evidence at your
- McKesson Diagnostics Exchange™, which provides a Web-based MDx and genetic test identification, cataloging and assessment program that uses Z-Codes to help identify, codify and establish transparent, evidence-based coverage and reimbursement standards.
for Your Success
When questions arise, our toll-free customer support hotline, email help and customer Web site offer paths to needed information. Our support team earned and maintains the prestigious Support Center Practices (SCP) Certification and a 96 percent customer satisfaction rating.
McKesson also offers a comprehensive portfolio of standard and customized education, training, technical services and professional consulting to help you get the greatest value from your decision.