Streamline physician workflow for faster chart completion
Patient chart deficiencies slow your physicians down and your cash flow. Because they don’t know when deficiencies are assigned to them, physicians must remember to periodically log in to a system to determine if there is work to perform, hindering timely chart completion. What if you could give your physicians a tool to help optimize their workflow and accelerate the completion of medical record information from their existing mobile device?
With McKesson, you can. Our McKesson Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion application provides convenient notifications and functionality to help physicians complete patient chart deficiencies, decrease costs, and improve physician satisfaction. The native iOS® solution informs physicians that deficiencies need their attention and allows them to complete those deficiencies — all from the convenience of using their personal Apple® mobile device. Faster completion times may translate into smaller Discharged Not Final Billed (DNFB) and Discharged Not Final Coded (DNFC) amounts, happier physicians and better financial health for your business and ultimately, better health for your patients.
How it Works
McKesson Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion takes advantage of using a physician’s dedicated mobile device via Wi-Fi or a cellular network to help reduce the steps to complete work items. The system sends notifications to alert physicians that work items exist. They can then sign and edit documents, decline assignments and view pertinent patient demographic data. Detailed patient, encounter and medical record information assists in work item completion. The system supports all McKesson Patient Folder™ document record views and allows physicians to use their device for multiple McKesson Patient Folder systems.
The system helps secure data through several measures, including: all access to the application is controlled via log-on credentials defined in either McKesson Patient Folder or the active directory; no patient data is stored on the device; all data transport is encrypted to help prevent prohibited access to protected health information; application timeouts, locking on application switching and encrypted communication.
- Apple device with iOS version 5.0 or newer
- Network connectivity to the McKesson Patient Folder mobile server for facility, includes cellular or Wi-Fi access
- Valid physician McKesson Patient Folder log-in; customer to contact their system administrator for details
- Currently supported version of McKesson Patient Folder(13.5.x, 15.0.x, 15.1.x and 16.0)
McKesson Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion™ helps organizations:
- Streamline physician workflow
- Accelerate chart deficiency completion times
- Increase cash flow
- Improve physician satisfaction
McKesson Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion™ includes:
- Native iOS® solution that allows physicians to use their existing mobile device
- Notifications to alert physicians of work items
- Detailed patient, encounter and medical record information
- Multiple system support for McKesson Patient Folder™
For more information about McKesson Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion, contact your sales representative or visit www.mckesson.com.