Healthcare document management solution captures, indexes, stores and retrieves patient information
How do you improve patient care, drive adoption of clinical information systems, solve staff shortages, ensure regulatory compliance, and significantly improve your cash flow - all at the same time?
It's possible with the right Electronic Document Management Solution (EDMS) that captures, indexes, stores and retrieves patient information, using workflow automation to support both the health information management (HIM) department and physicians in the ways they work. And that's what the McKesson Patient Folder™ healthcare document management solutions is all about.
McKesson Patient Folder leverages document management software that gives physicians, HIM personnel and other hospital staff anytime, anywhere access to review, analyze, code and complete electronic charts in their electronic medical records system. It allows HIM departments to become "virtual," giving staff the ability to work remotely while letting authorized hospital personnel view patient records electronically. In addition, it provides physicians with secure online access from their home, office or at the hospital, further streamlining clinical and HIM workflow.
The McKesson Patient Folder healthcare document management solution provides:
- A better bottom line through a shortened medical accounts receivable(A/R) cycle, decreased DNDB, cost savings and operational efficiencies
- A complete transformation of your department due to tremendous workflow automation benefits
- Improved physician productivity, resulting in more time for patient care, as well as increased satisfaction and adoption of IT
- The ability to achieve HIPAA and other regulatory compliance made possible by the document imaging system
- Audit management tools to assist your organization in managing the RAC process, including: automated RAC workflows, the ability to capture all records and supporting documentation for electronic release to the RAC, and tracking tools
- Release of Information management, including: fulfilling, billing, and tracking requests and releases, as well as, accounting for disclosures reporting for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations
McKesson Patient Folder and McKesson Patient Folder Release of Information v 15.1 are 2011/2012 compliant and were certified* on March 24, 2011, by an ONC-ATCB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.