Automated medication dispensing system improves accuracy and eliminates process steps in filling oral solid medication orders.
PROmanager-Rx™ is the only automated medication dispensing system for
hospital pharmacies that stores and dispenses manufacturer-packaged
oral solid medications. PROmanager-Rx is ideal for supporting bar code medication administration operations.
Key Benefits to PROmanager-Rx Hospital Pharmacy Dispensing System
- Increases filling accuracy
- Eliminates oral solid packaging labor and costs
- Redeploys pharmacist and technician labor
- Manages oral solid inventory and increases inventory turns
- Manages expired and returned medications
PROmanager-Rx helps hospital pharmacies drives down medical dispensing errors in several key ways:
- Medications loaded, stored, and dispensed from the PROmanager-Rx
automated medication dispensing system come with the veracity of
manufacturer unit-dose bar-code packaging.
- All processes are bar-code driven—filling, restocking, and returns.
Every dose dispensed from the system is bar-code scanned for the
greatest possible safety and accuracy.
- All processes are fully automated without opportunity for human
error. The system has the sophistication to detect any anomaly should it
occur during dispensing or restocking, providing alerts and taking
other appropriate actions to prevent any error.
The combination of manufacturer packaging, bar-code scanning of every
dose, and sophisticated software makes PROmanager-Rx the safest
automated medication dispensing system for hospital pharmacies available
Because PROmanager-Rx uses package-ready forms, hospital pharmacies
no longer have to package bulk medications into unit doses in order to
leverage automation systems. This eliminate unit dose medication
packaging labor and materials cost, and significantly reduces pharmacy
The medication dispensing robotics provide sophisticated order
processing and inventory management software to increase inventory
turns, manage expired and returned medications, and streamline
wholesaler ordering. The PROmanager-Rx automated medication dispensing
system features a sleek design and small footprint. It is easily sited,
installed, and supported with minimal, if any, facility modification.
PROmanager-Rx provides a compelling benefits story, ROI, and payback
period at dispensing volumes readily encountered in the majority of
acute care hospitals.
- Exclusively stores and dispenses manufacturer-packaged unit-dose oral solid medications, considered the safest package form.
- Stores up to 12,000 unit doses.
- Accommodates nearly all manufacturer unit-dose oral solid package sizes and shapes.
- Installs in a work area as small as 14 ft. x 8 ft., when used with a 10-ft conveyor.
- Uses expiration date tracking to dispense first those medications that expire soonest.
- Sophisticated order processing and inventory management software
- Optimizes space and speed by choosing the best internal storage
options, such as placing fast-moving medications in optimal locations to