Pharmacists need innovative solutions to help them reduce costs and focus on patient care.
Using Central Fill, pharmacies can aggregate prescriptions and funnel them to a centrally located prescription fulfillment center. Once there, prescriptions are assembled, verified, packaged, and delivered patient-ready back to the originating pharmacy or mailed directly to the
Central Fill is not a "one size fits all" product. McKesson offers a wide range of Central Fill solutions for pharmacies of all sizes. Because of Central Fill's flexibility, pharmacies can combine both Central Fill and in-store automation to maximize efficiencies for all site locations
and volume levels.
Pharmacy owned and operated Central Fill solutions can be custom designed based on:
- Current and future prescription volumes
- Prescription mix (new vs. refills)
- Prescription turnaround requirements
McKesson owned Central Fill solutions are also available with little to no upfront cost.
Central Fill as a Service™ (CFaaS) is a McKesson-operated, centralized solution that allows pharmacies to use Central Fill without the investment in equipment, inventory, or staffing (other than a pharmacist).
Instead of the traditional central fill model that requires significant upfront investment, CFaaS is available to customers through a per-prescription fee that can dramatically reduce the pharmacy’s per-prescription cost to dispense.
Benefits of Central Fill as a Service:
- Experience McKesson’s industry-leading Central Fill pharmacy automation technology and operational expertise
- Streamline your processes with Central Fill integrated into pharmacy workflow
- Connect to McKesson’s vast pharmaceutical distribution network
- Explore new revenue opportunities with patent-pending streamlined 340B ordering and inventory capabilities
- Get support from a team of McKesson High Volume Solutions pharmacy automation experts