Pharmacists are looking for innovative solutions to help them:
- Reduce labor productivity costs
- Free up pharmacists' time
- Maintain the important patient relationship
Central Fill, a widely accepted industry solution, is designed to address these exact needs.
Using Central Fill, national retail chain pharmacies can aggregate prescriptions from multiple locations and funnel them to a centrally located prescription fulfillment center. Once there, prescriptions are assembled, verified, packaged, and are delivered to patient-ready back to the originating pharmacy or mailed directly to the patient's house.
The right McKesson solution, customized for you.
Central Fill is not a "one size fits all" product. McKesson offers a wide range of Central Fill solutions for pharmacies of all sizes. Because of Central Fill's flexibility, pharmacies can combine both Central Fill and in-store automation to maximize efficiencies for all site locations and volume levels.
McKesson designs customer solutions based on:
- Current and future prescription volumes
- Prescription mix (new vs. refills)
- Prescription turnaround requirements
- Ability or willingness to aggregate prescriptions with other pharmacy operators
- Desire to leverage the facility for other ancillary businesses