Take control of your non-acute continuum
The non-acute continuum is complex. But it’s still possible to deliver better operational, clinical and financial outcomes for your health system—and your patients. Let us help you cut through that complexity and bridge potential gaps with our expert
distribution services and medical supplies for health systems.
Take control with our solutions for every care setting in your health system’s non-acute continuum, from urgent
care to your patient’s home.
Browse the Catalog
Here’s what we can help your health system achieve:
Supply chain operations
Operate an integrated supply chain that reduces operation expenses, eliminates waste and improves productivity
across hundreds of locations and many care settings.
Leverage your financial goals to drive down costs while focusing on service levels, quality of care and patient
A nationwide medical supply distribution network
99.8% order accuracy. 37 nationwide centers. A 98% fill rate. Get the right medical supplies for health systems, right on time.
Our national medical-surgical distribution network offers same-day delivery service to more than 95% of our customers. Our private delivery vehicle fleet and team of more than 900 delivery professionals make sure of that. We also offer a patient home delivery program and can bill your patients’ insurance.
Learn more about our distribution services
Read our article on the pros and cons of outsourcing vs. self-distribution
Improving financial performance for health systems
Strong financial performance doesn’t just mean driving down costs. Your health system also needs to focus on service levels, quality of care and patient satisfaction.
Improve outcomes for both your patients and your health system with our inventory management tools.
- Keep costs in check with McKesson SpendManager℠ and McKesson BudgetPlanner℠.
- Simplify your accounting process with Okay to Pay.
- Improve reporting accuracy with GL codes.
- Quickly reorder medical supplies directly from the supply storage or at the point of care via McKesson ScanManager℠.
- Save time, reduce manual errors and track supply orders with McKesson Direct℠. It integrates nearly 100 leading platforms.
- Keep the right medical supplies in stock with McKesson Inventory Manager.
It’s a barcode-based solution for multi-vendor inventory management.
- Bypass the manual intraocular lens (IOL) inventory process with McKesson Implant Manager.
- Identify trends and opportunities with the McKesson Business Analytics℠ dashboard.
Learn more about our advanced inventory management tools
Resources for a stronger clinical infrastructure
Providing the best care possible is your health system’s top priority. Improve your clinical infrastructure by building a system that reduces hospital readmissions and provides rapid-response laboratory services at the point of care.
McKesson Readmissions Resource™
Help reduce hospital readmissions by emphasizing continuity of care. For help with this, look to the McKesson Readmissions Resource. It offers valuable readmissions information in one place to help you make sure residents and patients continue healing while in your care.
Lab services and resources
Improve lab productivity, physician consultations, patient compliance and satisfaction with our point-of-care laboratory services and resources.
Service and support for every non-acute care setting
The right resources can help overcome organizational inertia in your health system. We’re here to help you drive systemic change.
- Integrate new acquisitions more effectively
- Improve your physician office lab’s profitability
- Streamline your logistics with the help of our Six Sigma consultants
- Let our strong account management team help improve your supply chain
- Get help with our medical supplies and equipment for health systems
Contact McKesson Medical-Surgical customer service
Compliance training solutions for health systems
Track your compliance training with MedTrainer,
an affordable, easy-to-use Learning Management System (LMS). MedTrainer gears each training to individual care settings within health systems, including:
- Medical practices
- Surgery centers
MedTrainer includes modules for OSHA, HIPAA and accreditation. It covers safety plans, incident reporting,
SDS management and more.
Learn more about our compliance training solutions
Medical supplies for health systems
With more than 45,000 products in our portfolio, McKesson Medical-Surgical is the only wholesale partner
you need to help your health system grow and thrive. Our carefully selected national brands and
private-label McKesson Brands let you offer patients better care and
Browse medical supplies for health systems