Privacy Notice – Transaction Tester
Effective Date: September 1, 2017
At McKesson Rx Technology Solutions (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that pharmacies place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs users of the RelayHealth Transaction Tester SaaS application (“application”) about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this application, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this application or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the RelayHealth Transaction Tester SaaS application (https://transactiontest.relayhealth.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites and applications which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this application, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Business electronic mail address
- User name and password
- User behavioral information, such as your IP address, login/logout information, navigation and clickstream activity
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this application. These technologies include the following:
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We may also use technologies such as scripts, tags and server logs. These methodologies are used to track your movement through our platforms, and to perform diagnostic services such as error reporting to improve this application. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on the application use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Application analysis for performance and user experience improvements
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson Rx Technology Solutions does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from other RelayHealth applications while preserving the look and feel of this application. When framing techniques are utilized, please be aware that you are providing personal information to additional RelayHealth applications, and that your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the referenced RelayHealth application within the frame.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this application will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by deleting cookies in your web browser or discontinue accessing the application altogether.
Access to Personal Information
Some RelayHealth applications allow you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by calling (800) 388-2316.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA'')
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
This service is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this application.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., patient health information) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Rx Technology Solutions Transaction Tester)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329