Privacy Notice – Pharmacy Optimization
Effective Date: October 24, 2018
At McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that healthcare providers and pharmacies place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs users of McKesson’s Pharmacy Optimization (“RxO”) SaaS application (“application”) about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this application, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this application or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the Pharmacy Optimization SaaS application (https://www.rxoptimization.com and https://rxo.rxoptimization.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites and applications which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners and other third parties may have their own websites and applications with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this application, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- User ID and password
- Email address
- Unique identifiers and user behavioral information collected passively, such as your IP address, browser type, navigation and clickstream activity
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this application. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- We may collect geo-location information to match your location to Pharmacy Optimization services rendered. We use various features to determine location, such as IP address, GPS signals, and sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You may opt out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
Information collected from these technologies may be used for data analysis and reporting. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from Mouseflow on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Mouseflow’s privacy practices, click here. If you want to opt-out of your data being used by Mouseflow, click here.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a 'Do Not Track' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Authenticating you for access to the application
- Fraud detection or monitoring services
- Reporting or data analytics services
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as data analytics and reporting. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
McKesson may need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Application, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this application will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by deleting cookies in your web browser or discontinue accessing the application altogether.
Access to Personal Information
This application allows you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
As a key provider of applications and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
This application is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this application.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (such as protected health information) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or applications we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, US Pharma RxO SaaS Application)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329